This summer can be a great opportunity to explore by road, places that might not have been on our radar, but are a good trip for family fun and relaxation. These are listed in no particular order but are places that I have experienced and enjoyed.
When I was a kid we used to go to Vermont for vacations. One of my most favorite memories is the Quechee Gorge. Vermont’s Little Grand Canyon, it’s a great place to hike, walk and enjoy the river. It is very rocky down by the water but I remember as a kid having lots of fun. Also in that area are lots of little shops, farms , and covered bridge. You can also visit Ben and Jerry’s, Vermont Teddy Bear Co., Lake Champlain, and other spots around the state. At about a 7-hour drive from our area, it’s a road trip destination. We are planning a trip for next month.
#2 Chesapeake Bay, Cambridge Maryland
A change of pace from the crowded boardwalks of the shore, the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay is a serene spot for a getaway. The resort has three pools, including an infinity-edge pool. It sits on a golf course with open fields, native sand pockets and an 18th green bordered by the Choptank River. They have facilities and equipment for tennis, basketball, beach volleyball, Frisbee golf, miniature golf, and horseshoes. Additionally, water sport rentals are available. I have stayed here and each time we have had such a fun and peaceful little getaway. Also nearby is the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center, which is a free and very informative museum highlighting her life. Downtown Cambridge is also nice for a stroll, shopping and dining.
#3 Portsmouth. New Hampshire:
This completely walkable town is a great place to stay while exploring the beautiful sea coasts of New Hampshire and Maine. The entire sea coast here boasts restaurants, shopping, museums, music, beaches, parks, hiking, lighthouses, historic forts, picnicking, and boating as a few examples. This town was where we took my son on his first road trip! We toured the harbor area, took a boat ride, we also took a trip to Peaks Island, Maine. This is an island accessible by ferry and it is filled with beaches, activities and quaint little shops.
Now, and at all times, please be sure to check travel guidelines and restrictions for your destination, the states you will drive through, and for your home state. Please also review all government and CDC guidelines.
I am happy to help you plan a road trip for this summer, next summer or any time you like! I am a fee-free travel agent with Magical Moments Vacations. I work with families to plan their trips, wherever they may be! I can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone or text at 484-886-9225.
About Dana Zificsak:
• I am a Certified Travel Industry Executive with Magical Moments Vacations. My designation means that I am committed to upholding the highest standards of my profession while providing expert guidance to clients and agent as a trusted travel professional.
• I specialize in family travel: You want to go somewhere with your family, I'm here for you! Mountain resorts, beach visits, National Parks, Disney vacations, Universal Orlando and Sandals and Beaches are some examples of what we can plan together.
• There is never a fee for my services. I am paid through built-in commissions from the suppliers. You pay the same booking with me as you would booking directly with Disney.
• By booking your vacation with me you get all of my services FREE of charge and you are helping a local mom with a small business, it's a win-win.
• For some trips, I can offer payment plans to make your vacation fit your budget!
Learn more about me and read client reviews on my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/mmvdana